Thinking Ink Press publishes children’s health, writing inspiration, queer science fiction, flash fiction and poetry, and short story collections and anthologies.
We accept simultaneous submissions. Please let us know to disregard your query if you receive an offer to publish from another publisher.
We are currently open to submissions for (click links for guidelines):
- Our forthcoming Clubfoot Anthology
- Keiko’s calls: Short stories and poetry for Instant Books and other limited-edition special formats
- Writing advice / inspiration / reference books (follow our Nonfiction Proposal Guidelines)
We are currently closed to unsolicited submissions for:
- Other nonfiction books (see our Nonfiction Proposal Guidelines)
- Full-length fiction, short story collections, and anthology pitches (see Query Guidelines below)
We expect to reopen for submissions in these genres in January 2023.
- Email us a query to queries [at] thinkinginkpress [dot] com.
- Do not include samples, we’ll request them if we’re interested.
- Full-length novel queries should be one page or less, and should include the title of the work, genre, wordcount, a brief pitch, and any other important information about the work.
- Short story collection queries should be one page or less plus a list of all the titles. Include the genre(s), a brief pitch of what themes are covered, the total and average wordcount, and any other important information about the work.
- Anthology queries should be one page or less and include the proposed title, genre, target wordcount, a brief pitch, and any other important information about the project.
If we request samples, please check our Manuscript Preparation Guidelines to streamline our process of evaluating your work. If your work doesn’t readily fit those guidelines, feel free to follow up with your contact at Thinking Ink Press to find the right submission format for you.