Thinking Ink Press believes that people of all backgrounds deserve to have their voices heard. We primarily publish children’s health, writing inspiration, diverse science fiction, flash fiction and poetry, and short story collections and anthologies.
We accept simultaneous submissions. Please let us know to disregard your query if you receive an offer to publish from another publisher. We won’t accept AI-generated or AI-edited works.
We are currently open to submissions for (click links for guidelines):
- Keiko’s calls: Short stories and poetry for Instant Books, postcards, and other limited-edition special formats
- Full-length fiction, short story collections, and anthology pitches (see Fiction Query Guidelines below)
- Nonfiction (follow our Nonfiction Proposal Guidelines):
- Writing advice / inspiration / reference books
- Nonfiction books related to disability and/or diversity (see our Nonfiction Proposal Guidelines)
- Other nonfiction books relating to our mission:
To publish books that connect authors who might not otherwise be heard with audiences who might not otherwise be reached.
Fiction Query Guidelines
- Email us a query to queries [at] thinkinginkpress [dot] com.
- Do not include samples, we’ll request them if we’re interested.
- Full-length novel queries should be one page or less, and should include the title of the work, genre, wordcount, a brief pitch, and any other important information about the work.
- Short story collection queries should be one page or less plus a list of all the titles. Include the genre(s), a brief pitch of what themes are covered, the total and average word count, and any other important information about the work.
- Anthology queries should be one page or less and include the proposed title, genre, target word count, a brief pitch, and any other important information about the project.
If we request samples, please check our Manuscript Preparation Guidelines to streamline our process of evaluating your work. If your work doesn’t readily fit those guidelines, feel free to follow up with your contact at Thinking Ink Press to find the right submission format for you.